I’ve given this away as a gift and made it 3 times for my own family. It is one of those recipes that I know I will be in the family for a very long time–it is SOOO good.
It is quick, it uses ingredients we usually have on hand, and it tastes WAY better than store bought chocolate sauce. When I served it to my husband, he just kept grunting and saying “MMM”& “YUM” as he scraped his bowl clean.
I’m surprised he didn’t get his face in it and lick it clean! Yes, it is that good.
Here is the recipe, it is from recipebzaar.com. It was recommended by another blog, but I can’t remember which one, which I’m feeling pretty bad about because they deserve a big thanks from me!
Lee Lee’s Famous Chocolate Sauce For Ice Cream
2 min/1 minute prep time
1/2 cup sugar (I use whole cane sugar -rapadura)
2 Tablespoon Cocoa
1/8 tsp Salt
1 1/2-2 Tablespoon Butter
1/4 cup water (more or less, as needed to make a stir-able consistency)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (can’t beat 100% pure vanilla extract!)
1. Combine sugar, cocoa, and salt in a small saucepan.
2. Add enough water to make stir-able consistency.
3. Add butter to cocoa mixture.
4. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
5. Allow to boil for 1 minute, stirring.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Add vanilla.
8. Serve warm over ice cream.