Welcome To Another “Anti-Procrastination Tuesday!”
Guess What? I GOT NOTHING CROSSED OFF THE DOOZY LIST THIS WEEK!!!
BUT…I have a good excuse. (not that we need one here at “AP Tuesdays, there is grace in this place, right ladies??:)) I have been bitten by the gardening bug and have been busy building my own “square foot gardening” beds. I don’t know about you, but when I get started on a project, the whole rest of the house is neglected! I kept things pretty organized and picked up, but it is far from CLEAN! I. Don’t. Like. To. Clean. At All.
I’m curious to know what you all have been up to this week, but before we start, I just have to say how very cool it is to visit your link ups and see you all encourage each other in the comments. SO COOL! That is what I envisioned for this little link up party, and you are making it happen! Thank you for being on board and creating such an encouraging community!
I have really enjoyed getting to know Marianne. She is one of those people that you can just relate to, her realness and warmth jumps through the computer and is pretty awesome. In her post, she talks about procrastination and how she got some things done, but not as much as she would have liked. She ended her post with “all I can say is it will all get done in the end.” That sentence hit me and her attitude encouraged me. I commented on her post, and I am glad I did, for it spurred on another great post that she wrote on her journey to overcome her tendency to be “Procrastinator & Perfectionist.” I love it when women have the ability to self assess, and the character to actually do something about it. She did and does!
Jenny @ Our Lives Jenny finally, after “5 months and 10 minutes” (LOL, love that!) of procrastinating, put the last photo in her “coaster system.” This system is a GREAT idea, especially if you want to cut down on washing dishes! The basic idea– the coasters stay out on the counter as a place for each family member to keep their glass for the day…no more washing a ton of cups, or answering the question “mom, where’s my cup??”
Kristin @ the_uncomplication_project Kristin’s link title cracked me up– “Half-A-Blog On Motivations.” I love that she still wrote, posted and linked, even though it wasn’t finished. She ended the post with “Maybe to be continued…” Hee. Hee. As funny as her post hit me, it is full of depth, asking questions like “Why do we want to accomplish things? What will benefit from starting/working on/finishing a project? What gets us started on a project?” I appreciate this about Kristin’s brain, she is great at making me pause and think about things I normally wouldn’t, she is a great analyzer.
Love this idea. Now that I am more comfortable with a drill and hardware stores, (thanks to my garden project) I may just have to find a closet to add some shelves to and copy this awesome idea! She makes it look so easy!
Here are the guidelines:
1. On Tuesdays each week, I’ll host the link party here at New Nostalgia. You can come over and enter the permalink to your Anti-Procrastination post in my MckLinky List.
2. Be sure to insert a link in your post that directs others back here. It could be my button at the side bar, or something like “This post is linked to “Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays” at New Nostaglia.
3. Be sure to link your posts url, not your blog url!
4. Link as many posts as you would like, as long as they have to do with this subject
5. Visit as many other links as you can for ideas, inspiration and to offer encouragement.
6. Leave comments for the links you visit just to let them know you are there (and so we can know there really ARE people out there committed to getting things done together, support matters!)
7. Come back each tuesday, post more of your accomplishments, and see some of the links featured from the week before. You could be one of them!
Don’t forget to grab a button to place at the top or bottom of your post to show you are participating in “Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays.” Simply copy the code below in the box and paste where you can edit the html in your blog post.
And now, onto today’s “Anti-Procrastination Tuesday’s” Link Party!
Be inspired, be encouraged, and get something done! ***This week I am using a different linking system, until McKLinky gets all its kinks worked out. This one allows you to put a thumbnail picture which is kind of fun. If your post does not have a picture, you could just use a pic of you or your blog header.